Sunday, June 19, 2011

I met the Light of my Night at a concert- I was lovelorn, playfully bitter she was playful, sparkling like glitter.

She's the Light of my Night, the reason I can See.
She's my dancing Queen, she makes me feel like a teen.
Like I never kissed a girl before, like I've never felt anything.

She danced into my life when I was done with Love and out of breathe-
as if I knew what I was doing.

I tried so hard to meet every silly Indie girl I could,
in every god-damned Indie coffee shop
from Evanston to Pilson.

While she patiently worked down the street from me!
Did I mention we lived on the same god-damned street!?

Now I can't imagine any future with out her,
she's my everything, my reason for trying.

Ah, Lawd. When she smiles at me I can't see.
She's a sunburst dream and when she touches me I beam.

I love her more than I can admit,
more than time will ever remember.
More than the bond that joins the Moon and Earth.

She is the light of my night,
burning stark, burning right.
She is the reason I can See.

No comments:

Post a Comment